Hawaiian Pork Bowl
Hawaiian pork bowl, crispy pork, jasmine rice, avocado, mushrooms, pineapple dressing
0 / 5
- (a) jasmine rice
- (b) braised pork belly, edamame
- (c) cremini mushroom, poblano peppers, red onion
- (d) avocado
- (e) basil, mint
- (f) pineapple dressing
- sauce pot
- baking tray with foil
- wooden spoon
- skillet or sauté pan
- paring knife
- cutting board
- For best results, take the pork out of the refrigerator 10 minutes before starting to cook. If you skip this step, you may need to cook the pork longer than this recipe card indicates. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees fahrenheit.
- Pour the jasmine rice (a) into a small saucepot. Add 1/2 cup of water (for each serving you are preparing) to the rice. Put the saucepot over medium-high heat and bring up to a simmer. Do not stir. Once simmering, stir the rice three times and then turn down to medium-low. Cover with a lid or foil and cook for 10-12 minutes.
- While the rice is cooking, cut open the package of pork belly (b) and lay the pieces of pork on a baking tray lined with foil. Season the pork lightly with a pinch of salt and pepper. Place the baking tray in your 425 degree oven. Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- While the pork and rice are cooking, heat a skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. When the pan has warmed up, add 1 tbsp of oil or enough to coat the bottom of the pan. Saute the mushrooms, peppers and onion (c) for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. After cooking, let the vegetables rest in the pan off the heat while you finish the dish.
- Cut the avocado (d) in half length-wise by piercing the avocado with a paring knife until you hit the pit. Then run your knife along one side. Turn the avocado over and repeat. To open the avocado
- hold it in both hands and twist each hand in opposite directions. Remove the pit. Pick up one half and cut 1/2 inch thick slices, without cutting through the skin. Use a spoon to scoop the avocado slices out. Insert the edge of the spoon between the skin and the flesh of the avocado and scoop all the way around.
- At this point, your rice and pork should be ready. Spoon the rice on the bottom of your serving bowls. Add the sauteed vegetables on top. Place the pork belly and slices of avocado over the rice and vegetables.
- Pick the basil and parsley leaves (e) from the stems and place on top of the pork bowl. Drizzle pineapple dressing (f) over everything.
No reviews for this recipe yet!