Sweet & Sour Pork
Sweet & sour pork, udon noodles, broccoli and cauliflower
0 / 5
- (a) marinated tofu, cut and marinated pork, ginger, garlic
- (b) udon noodles
- (c) broccoli, cauliflower
- (d) sweet chili vinegar
- 4-6 quart pot
- skillet or saute pan
- wooden spoon
- For best results, take the pork out of the refrigerator 10 minutes before starting to cook. If you skip this step, you may need to cook the pork longer than this recipe card indicates.
- Fill a 4-6 quart pot with water. Put the pot on the stove over high heat. Add 2 tbsp of salt to the water. (The water should taste salty). Let the water come up to a boil while you complete step #3.
- Heat a skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat for 3 minutes. When the pan has warmed up, add 1 tbsp of oil or enough to coat the bottom of the pan. Cut open the package of pork (a) and place in the pan. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Sear for 3 minutes, then turn each piece of pork over and sear the other side for 3 minutes. (If you are making more than 2 servings, sear both sides for 4 minutes). After searing, spoon the pork into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the udon noodles (b) to the pot of boiling water. Cook for 10 minutes.
- While the noodles are cooking, put the skillet you used for the pork back on the stovetop over medium-high heat. Heat the pan up for 60 seconds and then add another 1/2 tbsp of oil to the pan. Add the vegetables (c) to the pan. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. (If you are making more than 2 servings, cook the vegetables for 4 minutes).
- When the vegetables are ready, remove the pan from the heat. Pour the sweet & sour sauce (d) over the vegetables. Add the pork back into the pan and bring the mixture up to a simmer. Once simmering, let the mixture cook for 30 seconds. Then turn the heat off but keep the skillet on the stovetop while the noodles finish cooking.
- When the noodles have cooked for 10 minutes, strain the water and rinse the noodles thoroughly. Then add them back to the pot they were cooked in. Put the pot over high heat.
- Pour the sweet & sour pork and vegetables on top of the noodles and gently mix with tongs or a wooden spoon. Cook for 90 seconds over high heat, stirring occasionally. Taste and add more salt and pepper if you wish.
- Spoon the sweet & sour pork, vegetables and noodles on to your serving plates.
No reviews for this recipe yet!