Chicken Parmigiana & Spaghetti
Parmesan crusted chicken breast with mozzarella and marinara, spaghetti, broccoli and cherry tomatoes
0 / 5
- (a) eggplant, chicken breast
- (b) Low Fat Yogurt
- (c) grana herb crust
- (d) Marinara Sauce
- (e) shredded mozzarella
- (f) angel hair pasta
- (g) broccoli
- (h) cherry tomatoes
- (i) alfredo sauce
- 4-6 quart pot & lid
- seasoning plate
- skillet or saute pan
- wooden spoon
- measuring cup
- serving spoon
- For best results, take the chicken out of the refrigerator 10 minutes before starting to cook. If you skip this step, you may need to cook the chicken longer than this recipe card indicates. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit.
- Fill a 4-6 quart pot 2/3 full with water. Put the pot on the stove over high heat. Add 2 tbsp of salt to the water. (The water should taste salty). Bring the water up to a boil. Once the water is boiling, start step #3.
- Cut open the package of chicken breast (a) and place on a plate. Pour the low fat yogurt (b) over the chicken and spread with the back of a spoon. Flip the chicken over a few times to coat the chicken with the yogurt. Then pour 1/2 of the parmesan herb crust (c) on one side of the chicken. Use your hands to spread it around and press it down onto the chicken. Flip the chicken over and pour the remaining crust on top, again spreading it evenly and pressing it down.
- Heat a skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. When the pan has warmed up, add 1 tbsp of oil or enough to coat the bottom of the pan. Add the chicken breast to the pan and sear for 2 minutes. Then turn over and sear the other side for 2 minutes. (If you are preparing more than 4 servings, sear both sides for 3 minutes).
- After searing, remove the pan from the heat. Spoon the tomato sauce (d) on top of each chicken breast. Add the mozzarella (e) on top of the sauce. Place the pan in your 400 degree oven. Bake for 12 minutes.
- While the chicken is in the oven, add the angel hair pasta (f) to the pot of boiling water. Stir well with a wooden spoon. Cook for 4 minutes. When the pasta has finished cooking, pour into a strainer and let the water drain out. Set aside.
- Put the pot you were using for the pasta back on the stovetop over medium heat. When the pot has warmed up, add 1 tbsp of oil or enough to coat the bottom of the pot. Add the broccoli and cherry tomatoes (g) to the pot. Pour 1/4 cup of water over the vegetables, then add the alfredo sauce with lemon zest (h) to the pot. Gently stir with a wooden spoon to coat the vegetables with the sauce. Cover the pan with a lid and cook for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When the vegetables have finished cooking, add the cooked pasta to the pan and mix well with a wooden spoon. Cover the pan with the lid and cook for 1 minute. Then remove from the heat.
- When the chicken has finished baking, remove from the oven and let it rest for 2 minutes. Place the chicken on your serving plates. Spoon the pasta and vegetables beside the chicken.
No reviews for this recipe yet!