Sesame Crusted Tuna
Sesame crusted tuna, ginger glazed carrots, green salad with ponzu dressing
0 / 5
- (a) carrot
- (b) ahi tuna, marinated tofu
- (c) sesame seeds
- (d) ginger glaze
- (e) greens
- (f) ponzu dressing
- baking tray
- skillet or saute pan
- tongs or spoon
- salad bowl & tongs
- serving spoon
- For best results, take the tuna out of the refrigerator 5 minutes before starting to cook. If you skip this step, you may need to cook the fish longer than this recipe card indicates. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees fahrenheit.
- Place the rainbow carrots (a) on a baking tray. Drizzle with oil. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Place the tray in your 425 degree oven and roast the carrots for 8 minutes.
- While the carrots are in the oven, cut open the package of tuna (b) and place on a plate. Drizzle with a little oil. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Dump the toasted sesame seeds (c) over the tuna and spread them around with a spoon or your hands. Push the seeds down firmly into the fish.;Heat a skillet or saute pan over high heat for 2 minutes. When the pan has warmed up, add 1 tbsp of olive oil or enough to coat the bottom of the pan. Add the tuna to the pan. Do not overcrowd the pan. Cook in batches if you are preparing more than 2 servings. Sear the tuna for 2 minutes on each side (for medium-rare tuna), sear 3 minutes on each side (for medium) and 4 minutes on each side (if you prefer your tuna well done). After searing, remove from the pan and allow the tuna to rest on a plate.
- When your carrots have finished roasting, remove from the oven. Pour the ginger glaze (d) over the carrots and toss with tongs or stir with a spoon to coat the carrots in the glaze. Return the tray of carrots to the oven and bake for 2 minutes.
- While the carrots are baking, add the greens (e) to a mixing bowl. Pour the ponzu dressing (f) over the greens and toss.
- Slice the tuna and place on your serving plates. Remove the carrots from the oven. Serve the carrots and salad beside the tuna.
No reviews for this recipe yet!