Pork Egg Roll Bowl
Pork egg roll bowl, shaved cabbage, carrots, jasmine rice and crispy wonton strips
5 / 5
Leave A Review
- (a) jasmine rice
- (b) ground pork, cremini mushroom
- (c) seasoning sauce
- (d) red cabbage, savoy cabbage, carrot, red onion
- (e) sweet chili vinegar
- (f) chinese mustard aioli
- (g) wonton strips
- saucepot with lid/foil
- wooden spoon
- skillet or saute pan
- For best results, take the pork out of the refrigerator 10 minutes before starting to cook. If you skip this step, you may need to cook the pork longer than this recipe card indicates.
- Pour the jasmine rice (a) into a small saucepot. Add 1/2 cup of water (for each serving you are preparing) to the rice. Put the saucepot over medium-high heat and bring up to a simmer. Do not stir. Once simmering, stir the rice three times and then turn down to medium-low. Cover with a lid or foil and cook for 10-12 minutes.
- While the rice is cooking, heat a skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. When the pan has warmed up, add 1 tbsp of olive oil to the pan. Place the ground pork (b) in the pan. Use a spatula to break up the pork into smaller pieces. Cook for 3 minutes, without stirring. Then stir and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Next pour the seasoning sauce (c) over the pork and add the cabbage, carrots and onion (d) to the pan. Stir to incorporate everything together. Saute for 3 minutes. Then remove from the heat and taste. Add more salt and pepper if you wish.
- At this point, your rice should be ready. Spoon the rice on to your serving plates. Add the pork, cabbage and carrot mixture on top.
- Serve the sweet chili vinegar (e) and chinese mustard aioli (f) on the side as dipping sauces. Top with the wonton strips (g).
The vegetarian option (mushrooms) for this meal was AMAZING! So much flavor. So fresh. So good. I hope it comes back up in the rotation of meals!!
This dish was very tasty! We are ordering this week for our second time.