Cajun Shrimp Pasta
Cajun shrimp, fettuccine pasta, broccoli, red peppers, creamy cajun alfredo sauce
0 / 5
- (a) Fettucine Pasta
- (b) broccoli, red pepper
- (c) carrot, marinated shrimp
- (d) cajun alfredo sauce
- (e) grated parmesan
- 4-6 quart saucepot
- skillet or saute pan
- wooden spoon
- serving spoon
- For best results, take the shrimp out of the refrigerator 5 minutes before starting to cook. If you skip this step, you may need to cook the shrimp longer than this recipe card indicates.
- Fill a 4-6 quart pot 2/3 full with water. Put the pot on the stove over high heat. Add 2 tbsp of salt to the water. (The water should taste salty). Bring the water up to a boil. Then add the fettucine (a) to the pot and cook for 6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat a skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat for 1 minute. When the pan has warmed up, add 1 tbsp of olive oil or enough to coat the bottom of the pan. Add the broccoli and red pepper (b) to the pan. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Saute the vegetables for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Next add the marinated shrimp (c) to the pan of vegetables. Make sure each piece of shrimp is touching the pan. Cook for 90 seconds, then use tongs to flip the shrimp over and cook the other side for 1 minute.
- At this point, your pasta should be ready. Strain in your sink and set aside.
- Remove the saute pan from the heat and pour the cajun alfredo sauce (d) over the shrimp and vegetables. Stir well to mix all of the ingredients together.
- Add the strained fettucine pasta to the pan. Return the pan to medium-high heat. Gently stir to mix the pasta with the sauce, shrimp and vegetables. Bring the sauce up to a simmer, then simmer for 30 seconds.
- After simmering, remove the pan from the heat. Sprinkle parmesan cheese (e) on top of the pasta. Spoon the cajun shrimp pasta on to your serving plates.
No reviews for this recipe yet!