Pork Carnitas Taco
Latin rubbed pork shoulder, pumpkin seed mole, jicama slaw, pineapple dressing, corn tortillas
0 / 5
Leave A Review
- (a) roasted pork shoulder, cremini mushroom
- (b) pumpkin seed mole
- (c) jicama
- (d) green cabbage
- (e) pineapple lime dressing
- (f) corn tortilla
- (g) queso fresco
- skillet or saute pan
- wooden spoon
- mixing bowl & tongs
- dishtowel / paper towel
- serving spoon
- For best results, take the pork out of the refrigerator 10 minutes before starting to cook. If you skip this step, you may need to cook the pork longer than this recipe card indicates.
- Heat a skillet or saute pan over medium heat for 2 minutes. When the pan has warmed up, add 1 tbsp of olive oil or enough to coat the bottom of the pan. Add the pork shoulder carnitas (a) to the pan and stir to spread out the pieces of pork. Pour the pumpkin seed mole (b) over the pork. Cook for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While the pork is cooking, open the container of jicama (c) and use the lid to drain all of the water into your sink. Pour the jicama into a mixing bowl. Add the cabbage (d) to the bowl. Pour the pineapple lime dressing (e) over top. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir well to coat the vegetables with the dressing and set aside.
- Open the package of corn tortillas (f). Wrap them up in a dish towel or paper towel and warm them in your microwave for 30-60 seconds. Place the warm tortillas on a plate.
- When the pork carnitas has finished cooking, spoon into a serving bowl.
- Line up the warm tortillas beside the bowls of pork carnitas and jicama slaw so everyone can assemble their own tacos.
No reviews for this recipe yet!