Honey & Chipotle Glazed Tilapia
Honey & chipotle glazed tilapia, latin rice, pico de gallo, and black beans
0 / 5
Leave A Review
- (a) jasmine rice
- (b) latin rice seasoning
- (c) tilapia
- (d) honey chipotle glaze
- (e) cooked black beans
- (f) salsa cruda
- saucepot with lid or foil
- wooden spoon
- seasoning plate
- skillet or saute pan
- serving spoon
- For best results, take the fish out of the refrigerator 5 minutes before starting to cook. If you skip this step, you may need to cook the fish longer than this recipe card indicates. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees fahrenheit.
- Pour the jasmine rice (a) into a small saucepot. Add 1/2 cup of water (for each serving you are preparing) to the rice. Put the saucepot over medium-high heat and bring up to a simmer. Do not stir. Once simmering, add the latin seasoning (b) to the rice. Stir the rice three times and then turn down to medium-low. Cover with a lid or foil and cook for 10-12 minutes.
- Open the package of tilapia (c) and place on a plate. Season the fish lightly on both sides with a pinch of salt and pepper. Pour 3/4 of the honey chipotle glaze (d) over the fish. Turn the tilapia over a few times on the plate to coat the fish with the glaze.
- Heat a skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. When the pan has warmed up, add 1 tbsp of olive oil or enough to coat the bottom of the pan. Pick up the tilapia with your hand and gently drag one side of the fish across the pan two times (drag it away from you). Then place the fish in the pan. Put the skillet of fish in your preheated 425 degree oven and bake for 2 minutes. After 2 minutes, take the pan out of the oven and use a spatula to flip the fish over. Put the fish back in the oven for 2 and 1/2 minutes. When the tilapia has finished baking, remove from the oven and let the fish sit in the pan while you finish the dish.
- At this point, your rice should be ready. Remove the lid and add the black beans (e) to the pot of rice. Fluff the rice with a fork and gently mix the beans into the rice. Let the beans and rice sit in the pot for 2 minutes to warm up the beans.
- Spoon the latin rice & beans on to your serving plates. Place the honey chipotle tilapia on top of the rice. Drizzle the remaining honey chipotle glaze over the fish. Add the pico de gallo (f) on top of the fish.
No reviews for this recipe yet!