Teriyaki Glazed Salmon
Teriyaki glazed salmon with fried rice, broccoli, bok choy, peas
0 / 5
Leave A Review
- (a) jasmine rice
- (b) salmon
- (c) teriyaki sauce
- (d) broccoli, peas, carrot, zucchini, bok choy
- (e) seasoning sauce
- baking tray with foil
- saucepot with lid or foil
- measuring cup
- plate or tray
- skillet or saute pan
- wooden spoon
- serving spoon
- For best results, take the salmon out of the refrigerator 5 minutes before starting to cook. If you skip this step, you may need to cook the fish longer than this recipe card indicates. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees fahrenheit. Line a baking tray with foil.
- Pour the jasmine rice (a) into a small saucepot. Add 1/2 cup of water (for each serving you are preparing) to the rice. (If you are preparing a single serving of rice, add 3/4 of a cup of water instead). Put the saucepot over medium-high heat and bring up to a simmer. Do not stir. Once simmering, stir the rice three times and then turn down to medium-low. Cover with a lid or foil and cook for 10-12 minutes.
- When the rice has finished cooking, spoon on to a plate or tray and spread it out. Place in the refrigerator to cool for 5 minutes.
- While the rice is cooling, cut open the package of salmon (b) and place on the baking tray lined with foil. Make sure the smooth, nice-looking side of the fish is facing up. Pour the teriyaki glaze (c) on top of the salmon and use the back of a spoon to spread the glaze evenly over the top of the fish. Place the tray of salmon into your 425 degree oven and bake for 8 minutes
- (bake for 10 minutes if preparing 4 or more servings).
- While the fish is baking, heat a skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. When the pan has warmed up, add 1 tbsp of oil or enough to coat the bottom of the pan. Add the vegetables (d) to the pan. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Saute for 2 -3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the rice from the refrigerator and add to the pan of vegetables (if you are preparing more than 4 servings, we recommend making the fried rice in two batches: take out half of the vegetables and put in a bowl and add half of the rice to the pan). Stir to incorporate the rice and vegetables together. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally. (Then make the 2nd batch of rice.)
- At this point, the salmon should be ready. Remove from the oven and let the fish rest for a few minutes.
- Pour the asian seasoning sauce (e) over the rice and vegetables. Gently stir to coat the fried rice with the sauce. Spoon the fried rice on to your serving plates. Place the salmon on top of the rice.
No reviews for this recipe yet!