Chorizo & Butternut Squash Taco
Chorizo & butternut squash taco, poblano peppers, melted chihuahua cheese, salsa verde, corn tortillas
0 / 5
Leave A Review
- (a) chorizo
- (b) butternut squash, poblano peppers
- (c) chihuahua cheese
- (d) corn tortilla
- (e) kale salsa verde
- skillet or saute pan
- wooden spoon
- baking tray with foil
- bowl with paper towel
- spoon or basting brush
- serving bowls
- serving spoon
- For best results, take the chorizo out of the refrigerator 10 minutes before starting to cook. If you skip this step, you may need to cook the chorizo longer than this recipe card indicates. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees fahrenheit. Line 2 baking trays with foil.
- Heat a skillet or saute pan over medium heat for 2 minutes. When the pan has warmed up, add 1 tbsp of oil or enough to coat the bottom of the pan. Cut open the package of chorizo (a) and add to the pan. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While the chorizo is cooking, pour the butternut squash and peppers (b) on a baking tray lined with foil. Drizzle oil over the vegetables (1 tsp of oil per serving.) Place the tray in your preheated 425 degree oven and roast for 10 minutes.;Keep stirring the chorizo occasionally. When the meat has cooked for 10 minutes, remove the pan from the heat. Spoon the chorizo into a bowl lined with paper towel. Let the chorizo sit in the bowl for 1 minute to drain the fat.
- When the squash and peppers are ready, remove the tray from the oven, but keep the oven on. Spoon the chorizo along with the squash and peppers into the skillet or saute pan you were using. Place the pan over low heat.
- Add 1/2 of the chihuahua cheese (c) to the pan on top of the chorizo and vegetables. Stir until the cheese is melted.
- Place the corn tortillas (d) on a baking tray with foil. Brush or rub a small amount of oil on each tortilla. Bake in your 425 degree oven for 1-2 minutes.
- Spoon the chorizo, squash and cheese mixture into a bowl. Place the warm tortillas on a plate. Put out a small bowl of the remaining chihuahua cheese and a small bowl of kale salsa verde (e). Line up the ingredients so everyone can assemble their own tacos.
No reviews for this recipe yet!