Greek Chicken & Potatoes
Herb marinated chicken breast, lemon, herb & garlic roasted potatoes, green beans
0 / 5
Leave A Review
- (a) red potatoes
- (b) vegetable stock, lemon juice, herbs, garlic
- (c) chicken breast
- (d) greek dressing
- (e) herbed flour
- (f) green beans
- wooden spoon
- seasoning plate
- skillet or saute pan
- cutting board & knife
- serving spoon
- For best results, take the chicken out of the refrigerator 10 minutes before starting to cook. If you skip this step, you may need to cook the chicken longer than this recipe card indicates. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees fahrenheit.
- Use the lid of the container to drain the water from the potatoes (a). Add the potatoes to a pot and pour the vegetable stock, lemon juice, garlic and herbs (b) over the potatoes. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir. Put the pot over medium-high heat and bring up to a simmer.
- When the potatoes are simmering, cut open the package of chicken breast (c) and place on a plate. Season both sides with a pinch of salt and pepper. Pour the greek dressing (d) over the chicken and flip the chicken over a few times to coat with the dressing.
- Pour about 1/4 of the herbed flour (e) over the chicken breasts, flip the chicken over and pour another 1/4 of the flour over top. Press the chicken down to help the flour stick to the chicken. Repeat this process with the remaining herbed flour until the chicken is completely coated.
- Heat a second skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. When the pan has warmed up, add 1 tbsp of oil or enough to coat the bottom of the pan. Add the chicken to the pan and sear for 2 minutes. Then turn over and sear the other side for 2 minutes. (If you are preparing more than 4 servings, sear both sides for 3 minutes). Remove the chicken from the pan and place on a plate.
- Add the potatoes and all of the stock and lemon juice mixture they were simmering in into the pan you used to cook the chicken. Place the green beans (f) on top of the potatoes. Put the chicken on top of the green beans. Place the pan into your 425 degree oven and bake until the potatoes are tender (about 7-12 minutes depending on your oven and number of servings).
- When the potatoes are tender, remove the pan from your oven and place the chicken on a cutting board to rest.
- Spoon the potatoes and green beans on one side of your serving plates. Slice the chicken and place beside the vegetables.
No reviews for this recipe yet!