Pesto Chicken With Caprese Salad
Pesto marinated chicken, heirloom cherry tomatoes, farro, fresh mozzarella, balsamic dressing
0 / 5
Leave A Review
- (a) farro
- (b) pesto
- (c) chicken thigh, fennel
- (d) cherry tomatoes
- (e) arugula
- (f) fresh mozzarella
- (g) balsamic vinaigrette
- medium saucepot
- dinner spoon
- skillet or saute pan
- knife & cutting board
- mixing bowl
- wooden spoon
- For best results, take the chicken out of the refrigerator 10 minutes before starting to cook. If you skip this step, you may need to cook the chicken longer than this recipe card indicates. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees fahrenheit.
- Fill a medium-sized saucepot with water. Put the pot on the stove over high heat. Add 2 tbsp of salt to the water, (the water should taste salty). Bring the water up to a boil. When the water is boiling, add the farro (a) to the pot. Cook for 16 minutes.
- Spoon 1/2 of the pesto (b) on to a large plate. Set the remaining pesto off to the side. Cut open the package of chicken (c) and place on top of the pesto. Season the chicken on both sides with a pinch of salt and pepper. Turn the chicken over a few times to coat with pesto. Heat a skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. When the pan has warmed up, add 1 tbsp of oil or enough to coat the bottom of the pan. Place the chicken in the pan and sear for 2 minutes, then use tongs to turn the chicken over and sear the other side for 2 minutes. (If you are preparing 4+ servings, sear the chicken on both sides for 3 minutes). * Note: any remaining pesto on the plate should be discarded so as not to contaminate the other 1/2 of the pesto with chicken.
- After searing, put the skillet of chicken into your preheated 425 degree oven. Bake for 7 minutes.
- While the chicken and farro are cooking, cut the cherry tomatoes (d) into quarters and place into a mixing bowl. Add the arugula (e) to the bowl. Drain the liquid from the mozzarella (f) and add to the bowl as well. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- When the chicken has finished baking, remove from the oven and place on a cutting board to rest.
- At this point, the farro should be ready. Pour the farro into a strainer and allow the water to drain completely. Add the farro to the bowl of mozzarella and tomato. Pour the balsamic vinaigrette (g) over top and gently stir to mix the ingredients together. Taste and add more salt and pepper if you wish.
- Spoon the caprese & farro salad on to your serving plates. Slice the chicken into 1/2 inch thick slices and place on top.
No reviews for this recipe yet!