Roasted chicken breast, sautéed peppers and onions, latin rice, guajillo chili sauce, avocado crema, flour tortillas
0 / 5
Leave A Review
- (a) jasmine rice, latin rice seasoning
- (b) chili rubbed chicken
- (c) red onion, red pepper, poblano peppers
- (d) guajillo chile sauce
- (e) flour tortilla packs
- (f) avocado crema
- measuring cup
- wooden spoon
- skillet or saute pan
- dish towel / paper towel
- serving spoon
- For best results, take the chicken out of the refrigerator 10 minutes before starting to cook. If you skip this step, you may need to cook the chicken longer than this recipe card indicates.
- Pour the jasmine rice (a) into a small saucepot. Add 1/2 cup of water (for each serving you are preparing). Pour the latin seasoning (b) over the rice. Mix well with a fork. Put the saucepot over medium-high heat and bring up to a simmer. Do not stir. Once simmering, stir the rice three times and then turn down to medium-low. Cover with a lid or foil and cook for 10-12 minutes.
- While the rice is cooking, heat a skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. When the pan has warmed up, add 1 tbsp of oil or enough to coat the bottom of the pan. Add the chicken (c) to the pan and use tongs to spread the pieces of meat out evenly in the pan. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes without stirring. After 2 minutes, turn the pieces of chicken over and cook for another 2 minutes (cook for 3 minutes if preparing 4 or more servings).
- Add the peppers and onion (d) to the pan. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir well to mix the vegetables with the chicken. Cook for 3 minutes.
- After 3 minutes, remove the pan from the heat. Pour the fajita sauce (e) over the chicken and vegetables. Stir well to mix everything together. Put the pan back over medium-high heat and bring the mixture up to a simmer. Once simmering, cook for 2 minutes.
- While the fajita mixture is simmering, open the package of flour tortillas (f). Wrap them up in a dish towel or paper towel and warm them in your microwave for 30-60 seconds. Place the warm tortillas on a plate.
- At this point, your rice should be ready. Spoon into a serving bowl. When the chicken and fajita mixture has finished simmering, spoon into another serving bowl. Spoon the avocado crema (g) into a small bowl.
- Line up the warm tortillas beside the bowls of chicken fajita, rice and avocado crema so everyone can assemble their own fajitas.
No reviews for this recipe yet!