Salmon With Brown Butter Gnocchi
Roasted salmon, gnocchi, butternut squash, brown butter, sage, apple cider
5 / 5
Leave A Review
- (a) salmon
- (b) butternut squash, brussels sprouts
- (c) gnocchi
- (d) butter
- (e) sage
- (f) cider glaze
- (g) grated parmesan
- seasoning plate
- 2 skillets or saute pans
- wooden spoon
- serving spoon
- Cut open the package of salmon (a) and place on a plate. Season on both sides with a pinch of salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat a skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. When the pan has warmed up, add 1 tbsp of oil or enough to coat the bottom of the pan. Add the butternut squash (b) to the pan. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon.
- After 2 minutes, add the gnocchi (c) to the pan and spread them out so that each gnocchi is touching the bottom of the pan. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Let them cook without stirring for 60 seconds. Then stir and turn the heat down to medium. Add the butter (d) to the pan. Stir and let the butter melt.
- While you are waiting for the butter to melt, heat another skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. When the pan has warmed up, add 1 tbsp of oil or enough to coat the bottom of the pan. Place the salmon in the pan with the nice-looking / presentation side down and sear for 3 and 1/2 minutes.
- When the butter has browned (it should have a light brown color and smell like hazelnuts), turn the heat down to low. Tear the sage leaves (e) into small pieces and add to the pan. Drizzle the cider glaze (f) over the gnocchi and squash and sprinkle the parmesan (g) on top. Remove from the heat and reserve until the fish has finished cooking.
- When the salmon has seared for 3 and 1/ 2 minutes, use a spatula to flip the fish over. Sear the other side for 1 minute.
- Spoon the brown butter gnocchi and squash on to your serving plates. Serve the salmon on the side.
October 26, 2021