"family-friendly meal of the week" fettuccine pasta, creamy alfredo sauce, roasted chicken, broccoli
5 / 5
Leave A Review
- (a) cut and marinated chicken breast
- (b) broccoli
- (c) Fettucine Pasta
- (d) alfredo sauce
- (e) parsley, basil
- (f) grated parmesan
- 4-6 quart pot
- skillet or saute pan
- wooden spoon
- cutting board & knife
- For best results, take the chicken out of the refrigerator 10 minutes before starting to cook. If you skip this step, you may need to cook the chicken longer than this recipe card indicates.
- Fill a 4-6 quart pot 2/3 of the way with water. Put the pot on the stove over high heat. Add 2 tbsp of salt to the water. (The water should taste salty). Bring the water up to a boil and then start step #3.
- Heat a skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. When the pan has warmed up, add 1 tbsp of olive oil or enough to coat the bottom of the pan. Cut open the package of chicken (a) and add to the pan. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes without stirring, then turn the pieces of chicken over and add the broccoli (b) to the pan. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for 3 minutes.
- While the chicken & broccoli is cooking, add the fettucine (c) to the pot of boiling water. Cook for 8 minutes.
- When the chicken and broccoli has cooked for 3 minutes, stir well and cook for another 2 minutes. Then remove the pan from the heat and add the alfredo sauce (d) to the pan. Stir well to coat the chicken and broccoli with the sauce.
- When the pasta has cooked for 8 minutes, taste a piece. If it is cooked to your preferred consistency, pour the pasta and water into a strainer placed in your sink.
- Add the pasta to the saute pan of chicken and broccoli. Gently stir to coat the pasta with the sauce.
- Remove the stems from the basil and parsley leaves (e). Chiffonade the basil and parsley by wrapping the largest leaf around the other leaves and slicing into very thin strips.
- Spoon the chicken alfredo into your serving bowls. Sprinkle the basil & parsley and parmesan (f) on top.
This dish was one of our favorites so far! You can't really go wrong with fettuccine Alfredo, but all four kids devoured it! And it all tasted so fresh! This is definitely a crowd pleaser. I am excited for the small amount of leftovers today for lunch!