Sichuan Noodles & Ginger Spiced Turkey
Sichuan noodles, ginger spiced ground turkey, bok choy, broccoli, red peppers
5 / 5
Leave A Review
- (a) ground turkey, ginger, garlic, impossible burger
- (b) egg noodles
- (c) broccoli, red pepper, bok choy
- (d) sichuan pepper sauce
- (e) scallion
- 4-6 quart pot
- skillet or saute pan
- wooden spoon
- cutting board & knife
- For best results, take the ground turkey out of the refrigerator 10 minutes before starting to cook. If you skip this step, you may need to cook the turkey longer than this recipe card indicates.
- Fill a 4-6 quart pot with water. Put the pot on the stove over high heat. Add 2 tbsp of salt to the water. (The water should taste salty). Bring the water up to a boil and then start step #3.
- Heat a skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. When the pan has warmed up, add 1 tbsp of oil or enough to coat the bottom of the pan. Cut open the package of ground turkey (a) and place in the pan. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Use a wooden spoon to break the meat up into bite-sized pieces. Cook for 4-6 minutes (or until the turkey is golden brown), stirring occasionally. When the turkey is done, spoon into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the sichuan style noodles (b) to the pot of boiling water. Cook for 5 minutes.
- While the noodles are cooking, return the skillet you were using to medium-high heat and warm the pan up for 60 seconds. Add another 1/2 tbsp of oil to the pan. Add the vegetables (c) to the pan. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- After 3 minutes, remove the pan from the heat. Pour the sichuan pepper sauce (d) over the vegetables. Add the ground turkey back into the pan and bring the mixture up to a simmer. Once simmering, let the mixture cook for 30 seconds.
- When the noodles have finished cooking, strain the water and rinse the noodles thoroughly. Then add the noodles back to the pot they were cooked in. Put the pot over high heat.
- Pour the turkey and vegetables on top of the noodles and gently mix with tongs or a wooden spoon. Cook for 90 seconds over high heat, stirring occasionally. Taste and add more salt and pepper if you wish.
- Place the scallions (e) on a cutting board and give them a rough chop. Spoon the sichuan noodles and ground turkey on to your serving plates. Sprinkle scallions over top.
September 29, 2021
Delicious. The sauce is fantastic.
January 20, 2022
AT from Oak Park
My kids totally devoured this dish--really great!
August 12, 2022