Tuna Nicoise & Potatoes
Seared ahi tuna, heirloom cherry tomatoes, haricots verts, arugula, fingerling potatoes, roasted red pepper & olive vinaigrette
0 / 5
Leave A Review
- (a) fingerling potato
- (b) ahi tuna
- (c) fennel & coriander rub
- (d) haricot vert, cherry tomatoes
- (e) arugula
- (g) hardboiled egg
- skillet or saute pan
- wooden spoon
- mixing bowl
- paper towel
- salad tongs
- cutting board & knife
- For best results, take the fish out of the refrigerator 5 minutes before starting to cook. If you skip this step, you may need to cook the tuna longer than this recipe card indicates.
- Open the container of potatoes (a) and use the lid to drain out the water. Pour the potatoes into a saucepot. Cover the potatoes with fresh cold water. Put on the stove over medium-high heat. Bring up to a simmer, then turn the heat down to medium or medium-low to maintain a simmer. Simmer for 8-12 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
- While the potatoes are simmering, cut open the package of tuna (b) and place on a plate. Season both sides with a pinch of salt and pepper. Pour the fennel & coriander rub (c) over the tuna and turn the fish over a few times to coat both sides.
- Heat a skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. When the pan has warmed up, add 1 tbsp of oil or enough to coat the bottom of the pan. Add the haricots verts (d) to the pan. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for 1 minute. Stir and then add the tomatoes (also d) to the pan. Cook for another minute, stirring occasionally. Then pour the vegetables into a mixing bowl.
- Carefully wipe out the pan you were using with paper towel. Then return to medium-high heat for 30 seconds. When the pan has warmed up, add 1 tbsp of oil or enough to coat the bottom of the pan. Place the tuna in the pan and cook according to your desired temperature: - Sear for 1 minute / side for medium rare - Sear for 90 seconds / side for medium - Sear for 2 and 1/2 minutes / side for medium well - Sear for 3 minutes per side for well
- After searing, place the tuna on a cutting board to rest. (For 3+ servings, you may need to increase the cook times slightly).
- Check the potatoes to see if they are tender. If not, cook for another 1-2 minutes. When the potatoes are done, drain the water and place the potatoes on the cutting board beside the tuna.
- Add the arugula (e) to the bowl of haricot verts and tomatoes. Pour the red pepper & olive vinaigrette (f) over top. Toss with tongs or your hands. Taste and season with salt and pepper if you wish. Spoon the salad on one side of your serving plates.
- Slice the tuna, potatoes, and hard-boiled eggs (g). Place in piles beside the salad on your plates.
No reviews for this recipe yet!