Steak Tagliata With Gnocchi
Flank steak tagliata, toasted gnocchi, rosemary & sage sauce, arugula, grape tomatoes
0 / 5
Leave A Review
- (a) flank steak, butternut squash
- (b) rosemary & sage sauce
- (c) gnocchi
- (d) grape tomatoes
- (e) arugula
- (f) grated parmesan
- 2 skillets or saute pans
- wooden spoon
- cutting board & knife
- For best results, take the steak out of the refrigerator 10 minutes before starting to cook. If you skip this step, you may need to cook the steak longer than this recipe card indicates.
- Cut open the package of flank steak (a) and place on a plate. Season on both sides with a pinch of salt and pepper. Spoon about 1/4 of the rosemary & sage sauce (b) over the steak. Heat a skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. When the pan has warmed up, add 1 tbsp of oil or enough to coat the bottom of the pan. Add the steak to the pan and sear for 4 minutes.
- After 4 minutes, use tongs to flip the steak over. Sear for another 4 minutes. (This will cook the steak to medium-rare. Add 30 seconds of cook time to each side for medium-well).
- While the steak is cooking, heat another skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. When the pan has warmed up, add 1 tbsp of oil or enough to coat the bottom of the pan. Add the gnocchi (c) to the pan and spread them out so that each gnocchi is touching the bottom of the pan. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Let them cook without stirring for 60 seconds. Then stir and cook for another 60 seconds.
- When the steak is cooked to your desired temperature, remove from the pan and place on a cutting board to rest.
- Turn the heat off on the pan of gnocchi. Add the grape tomatoes (d) and arugula (e) to the pan. Stir to incorporate. Pour the rest of the rosemary & sage sauce over the mixture.
- Spoon the gnocchi and vegetable mixture on to your serving plates. Sprinkle the parmesan (f) on top. Slice the steak into 1/2 inch thick slices and place beside the gnocchi.
No reviews for this recipe yet!