Crispy Baja Fish Taco
Crispy tilapia, mango salsa, shaved cabbage, chipotle ranch dressing, black beans, corn tortillas
5 / 5
Leave A Review
- (a) green cabbage
- (b) chipotle ranch dressing
- (c) tilapia
- (d) beer batter
- (e) corn tortilla
- (f) black bean mango salsa
- (g) pickled thai chili
- mixing bowl
- salad tongs
- 2 plates w/ paper towel
- skillet or saute pan
- bowl for beer batter
- For best results, take the fish out of the refrigerator 5 minutes before starting to cook. If you skip this step, you may need to cook the fish longer than this recipe card indicates.
- Add the cabbage (a) to a mixing bowl. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Pour the chipotle ranch dressing (b) over the cabbage. Gently toss with tongs or your hands. Set aside. (Note: Save the dressing container for later to store the oil after frying the fish).
- Cut open the package of tilapia (c) and place on a plate lined with paper towel. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Pour oil into a skillet or saute pan until there is a 1/4 inch of oil in the pan. Heat the pan on medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Pour the beer batter (d) into a bowl. Add the tilapia to the beer batter and submerge to coat the fish with batter. Use a fork to transfer the tilapia from the batter to the hot pan in batches (be careful of oil splatter). Fry the tilapia for 90 seconds, then gently turn over and fry for another 90 seconds (or until golden brown). Remove from the pan and place on another plate lined with paper towel. Continue doing this in batches until all of the fish is fried. Season the cooked tilapia with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Wrap the corn tortillas (e) in a dish towel or paper towel. Warm for 30-45 seconds in your microwave.
- We recommend building a taco by spooning the cabbage on a tortilla, then adding pieces of fish on top. Spoon black bean mango salsa (f) and pickled thai chili (g) on top to suit your taste.
- Enjoy! (Note: when the oil has cooled, pour into the chipotle ranch dressing container).
The fish tacos were not only easy to prepare they tasted great. The instructions were easy to follow too! I love how fresh everything is when it’s delivered. These have a perfect balance of texture.