Breaded chicken breast, roasted potatoes & tomatoes, arugula salad, lemon-thyme vinaigrette
0 / 5
Leave A Review
- (a) red potatoes
- (b) parsley creme fraiche
- (c) Butterlied Chicken Breast, celery root
- (d) cherry tomatoes
- (e) lemon thyme vinaigrette
- (f) arugula
- (g) panko
- plate lined w/ paper towel
- skillet or saute pan
- wooden spoon
- mixing bowl
- seasoning plate
- cutting board & knife
- serving spoon
- For best results, take the chicken out of the refrigerator 10 minutes before starting to cook. If you skip this step, you may need to cook the chicken longer than this recipe card indicates.
- Use the lid to drain the water out of the container of potatoes (a). Let the potatoes rest on a plate lined with paper towel. Heat a skillet or saute pan over high heat for 2 minutes. When the pan has warmed up, add 1 tbsp of olive oil or enough to coat the bottom of the pan. Add the potatoes to the pan and discard the paper towel. Cook the potatoes for 2 minutes without stirring, then stir with a wooden spoon and cook for another 2 minutes without stirring.
- While the potatoes are cooking, open the container of buttermilk marinade (b) and stir with a spoon. Cut open the package of chicken (c) and place on a plate. Season on both sides with a pinch of salt and pepper. Pour the buttermilk marinade over top and let the chicken marinate while you finish the potatoes.
- Check the potatoes with a fork to make sure they are soft and cooked to your liking. If they are not soft, cook for another 1-2 minutes and check again. When the potatoes are ready, add the tomatoes (d) to the pan. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir and cook for 1 minute. Then turn the heat off and scrape the potatoes and tomatoes into a mixing bowl.
- Pour the lemon thyme vinaigrette (e) over the potatoes and tomatoes. Mix with a spoon. Then add the arugula (f) to the bowl and mix again.
- Pour 1/2 of the panko (g) on one side of the chicken. Use your hands to spread the panko around and press down so that it stays on the meat. Flip the chicken over and repeat.
- Wipe out the skillet you were using for the potatoes. Heat a skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. When the pan has warmed up, add 1 tbsp of olive oil or enough to coat the bottom of the pan. Place the chicken in the pan and sear for 3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. (If you are preparing 3+ servings, cook in batches. Between each batch, wipe the pan out and add more oil).
- When the chicken is ready, place on a cutting board to rest and then slice into 1/2 inch thick pieces.
- Spoon the potatoes, tomatoes and arugula on to your serving plates. Serve the chicken schnitzel on the side. Spoon the parsley creme fraiche (h) on top of the schnitzel.
No reviews for this recipe yet!